Formula 1

File photo of Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz© AFP Spain’s Carlos Sainz will miss the Saudi Arabia Grand Prix this weekend with appendicitis and will be replaced by 18-year-old British reserve driver Oliver Bearman, the Ferrari team said Friday. “Carlos Sainz has been diagnosed with appendicitis and will require surgery,” the Italian team said in a statement. “Oliver will therefore take
0 Comments
Getty Images By Andrew Benson Chief F1 writer Championship-winning engineer Bob Bell has left his advisory role with the struggling Alpine team. Bell was technical director when Alpine won their last world titles, as Renault with Fernando Alonso in 2005 and 2006. He had been in an advisory role since 2018, but is the latest
0 Comments
Getty Images By Andrew Benson Chief F1 writer The controversy surrounding Red Bull boss Christian Horner is “driving people apart”, says the father of the team’s F1 champion Max Verstappen. An anonymous email including messages purporting to involve Horner were leaked on Thursday, a day after Red Bull dismissed a complaint of inappropriate behaviour against
0 Comments
Getty Images By Andrew Benson Chief F1 writer in Bahrain Max Verstappen has given qualified support to Christian Horner as Red Bull team boss after setting pole position for the Bahrain Grand Prix. Horner has again denied allegations of inappropriate behaviour after a series of alleged messages were leaked. Verstappen was asked whether he had
0 Comments
Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images A loose drain cover at Turn 11 caused a fair bit of drama during pre-season testing, disrupting sessions on both Thursday and Friday. On the final day of running, the morning session was red-flagged after only 27 minutes of running. Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images On track, Max Verstappen dazzled his competitors
0 Comments
Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc set the fastest time as Formula One’s winter testing ended Friday on the same Sakhir circuit which will stage the season opener next week but he admitted world champion Max Verstappen and Red Bull have “a good head start”. Leclerc was 0.046sec ahead of George Russell’s Mercedes while China’s Zhou Guanyu was
0 Comments
File photo of Lewis Hamilton© AFP Seven-time Formula 1 champion Lewis Hamilton says his switch to Ferrari programmed for 2025 will add a brand new chapter to his sparkling career, but insisted he hopes to leave Mercedes on a high. The 39-year-old Briton has been with Mercedes since 2013, but recently activated a break clause
0 Comments
Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images Drivers taking part in the morning session were curtailed by a red flag brought on by a loose drain cover at Turn 11. Lewis Hamilton in the Mercedes was the first to run over the kerb and loosen the cover, before Charles Leclerc did the exact same thing in the Ferrari,
0 Comments